Powered by Blogger.

It's all about the bars

by - Mai 01, 2018

Für's deutsche einmal runter.

Hallöchen!
If there is one thing you can rely on when it comes to my stomach it's that it gets hungry every four to five hours (unless I am very distracted by actively doing stuff but I normally have to pay for that by feeling quite lightheaded at some point and feeling like my stomach is beginning to digest itself. And it means I am SUPER hungry when it gets to it). So yeah I eat very regularly. I obviously can not expect the world around me to fit my eating schedule so I am the kind of person who will pretty much always carry an emergency snack with me - most of the time a banana. 
But lets be honest - sometimes you just don't want a banana (did I really just say that?!). Having a fructose intolerance can make it very tough to find some small bars that won't lead to a complaining stomach and a small musli bar is not worth it upsetting my stomach (some things definitely are though).
So I want to share the four musli/protein bars I sometimes treat myself to. I don't do it often because most days I still find a banana more filling but sometimes they will do.
If anyone out there can find some more without sugar or honey do let me know so I can check if they have the potential to widen my bar stack.
Oh, and they are all vegan :) 

I think my favourite might be Paul's Finest Quinoa Nuts & Dark Chocolate. Can you even go wrong with Quinoa and dark chocolate that is stuck together by rice syrup? I think not. Since I so far can only find it at Rossmann it is one of my go to train snack for me (maybe I should do a post on my train journey tips, since I do so many...)
25g: 172.8 kcal, 1.575g protein (I won't bore you with the other stuff, just thought some would like to know)

The Frusano Fili-Musliriegel with dark chocolate is fairly new. They used to only have a milk chocolate free one. I am on the one hand eating vegan most of the time, like 99% (also lactose intolerant you know) plus milk chocolate has gotten way too sweet for my liking. You can imagine my excitement when I saw they did a dark chocolate one now. It's with quinoa, amaranth  and all that good stuff, quite nice if you ask me.
Also, if you are looking for fructose free/poor stuff you should check out frusano as that is what they do :) 
40g: 163 kcal, 2.5g protein 

The enerbio vegan protein bar actually comes in two flavours: cacao & hempseed and vanilla & almond. They get there sweetness from dates, which my stomach can take in small doses and if I haven't had too much sugar/non-banana fruit recently. I especially like to eat these if I want to do a work out before breakfast but I can't do it completely on an empty stomach. My sister was also quite taken when I introduced her to these.
40g: 158 kcal, 8g protein (I mean, look at the protein in this bar!)

This dm bio coconut dark chocolate bar saved my life the other day when I went to a party and feeling like a needed a going home snack so I would be able to sleep for a few hours without my hunger waking me. I actually only started liking coconut recently, so I can't tell you how much it is like Bounty. It is again made with rice syrup (I live companies for using rice syrup instead of honey or agave, THANK YOU!). It is also nice as a small sweet snack a bit after lunch if you feel like having a little something sweet (which I usually do).
40g: 195 kcal, 1.4g protein

After being "diagnosed" with a fructose intolerance and cutting out all sorts of sugar for a while and now only risking it for special occasions, I never thought I'd tell people about my favourite snack bars... But here I am.
Have you tried any of them yet?
And what are your favourites, that I probably didn't mention (and can't eat).


Hallöchen!
Auf meine innere Uhr ist eigentlich immer Verlass, sei es wenn es um das morgendliche Aufstehen geht oder um regelmäßiges Essen. Alle vier bis fünf Stunden verlangt es ihm nach Essen. Deswegen gehöre ich auch zu der Fraktion Menschen die fast immer wenn sie das Haus vergessen einen Notfallsnack dabei haben - in den meisten Fällen handelt es sich bei mir um eine Notfallbanane. Aber manchmal hat man dann ja doch nicht so viel Lust auf eine Banane und will was anderes. Eine wunderbare Snackoption sind natürlich Müsliriegel.
Schon mal versucht einen Müsliriegel zu finden, wenn man eine Fruktoseintoleranz hat? 
Ich sage euch, dass ist nicht einfach; die meisten haben Honig, Zucker oder Agavendicksaft in ihnen.
Aber in letzter Zeit war ich dann doch in der Lage eine Reihe an leckeren sogar veganer Riegeln zusammen zu suchen die ich gerne mit der Welt teilen möchte.

Paul's Finest Quinoa Nuts & Dark Chocolate Riegel. Den gibt's beim Rossmann und ist auf dieser Liste wohl auch mein Liebster glaube ich. Da es ihn bei Rossmann gibt ist er auch des Öfteren Teil meiner Zugsnacks. Der Quinoa wird von Reissirup zusammengehalten und ist auf der Unterseite mit dunkler Schoki überzogen - schmeckt einfach super!
25g: 172.8 kcal, 1.575g Eiweiß (ich langweile euch mal nicht mit allen Details Abe ein paar wollte ich dann doch teilen)

Bei DM gibt es inzwischen vom Frusano Fili-Müsliriegel auch in Zartbitter nicht nur in Milchschokolade. Worüber ich mich SEHR gefreut habe, erstens weil ich auch eine Laktoseintoleranz habe und zweitens weil mir Milchschoki inzwischen auch einfach zu süß ist. Auch in diesem ist ein bisschen Quinoa, auch Amaranth und sonstiger hipper gesunder Kram.
40g: 163 kcal, 2.5g Eiweiß
Falls jemand noch weitere fruktosefreie/arme Produkte sucht, dann gibt es z.B. von Frusano bei DM noch weitere Produkte :) 

Seit Kurzem gibt es bei Rossmann von enerbio vegane Proteinriegel in den Sorten Kakao & Hanfsamen und Vanille & Mandel (nicht abgebildet aber auch sehr lecker!). Die schmecken gut und manchmal braucht man halt eine extra Portion Eiweiß; ich esse die besonders gerne morgens wenn ich ein Work Out vorm Frühstück machen möchte aber das nicht auf komplett leeren Magen möchte (das endet bei mir meistens nicht so gut). Hab sie auch meiner Schwester empfohlen und sie fand die echt gut :) 
40g: 158 kcal, 8g Eiweiß

Und zu guter Letzt noch der dm Bio Kokos Zartbitter Riegel. Ich mag noch gar nicht so lange Kokos und kann euch auch gar nicht sagen, wie ähnlich er Bounties schmeckt. Der ist auch wieder mit Reissirup gemacht. Ein Hoch darauf, dass immer mehr Firmen Reissirup oder Traubenzucker für ihre Produkte verwenden anstatt Haushalts/Rohrohrzucker, Honig oder Agavensirup! Tatsächlich hat mich dieser Riegel letztens quasi das Leben gerettet, als ich nachts nach Hause gekommen bin und auf dem Weg SEHR hungrig war und den in weiser Voraussicht eingesteckt habe.
Ich finde den auch super um den nachmittags als kleinen Nachtisch zu essen.
40g: 195 kcal, 1.4g Eiweiß

Nachdem meine Fruktoseintoleranz offiziell gemacht wurde, hätte ich nicht gedacht, dass ich von meinen liebsten Riegeln berichte. Die meisten sind halt immer noch mit Zucker, Honig oder Agave... aber hey ho... Dinge ändern sich :) 
Habt ihr von diesen schon welche gegessen?
Und welche anderen Müsli-/Proteinriegel esst ihr gerne?

You May Also Like

0 Kommentare