Powered by Blogger.

Jenny eats ... Vegan Summer Fest

by - August 29, 2018

The weekend just gone (friday - sunday) we had the vegan summer fest going on here in Berlin. Of course I went, mainly for the food and I actually went saturday and sunday. There is not just food. They also have all sorts of informational stuff, including a VR tour of I believe a mass breeding place and you could also go into those pig transportation lorries. Also there are a lot of booth selling products, all sorts of them including clothes, Lush for example also had a booth. I was hoping to find something awesome to get my sister for her upcoming birthday, buuuut... nothing shouted her name at me.

I decided to only eat food that I don't really make myself, thus fries/wedges and falafel as well as waffles were kind of out of the picture. I also did not get one of my beloved Brammibals doughnuts, simply because there was too much other awesome stuff that I don't regularly go for.

On Saturday, I started my lunch off with a sugar free hazelnut ice cream. I am not sure what they used as sweetener. There was a booth that didn't use sugar to sweeten their ice cream, but dates, but I got it from a different booth and didn't ask. Though the dark chocolate ice cream at the date ice booth was very tempting (I decided to leave it as an option for sunday). 
There was SO much too choose from, savoury as well as sweet. I was hoping, that there would be pizza but sadly, no pizza. Instead I went for fried mac'n'cheeze balls with tomato chutney. It was an awesome choice!

On Sunday I tried an Israeli street food called Katchapuri, which is a roasted veggie pita thing with an avocado dip, cauliflower, chickpeas all seasoned with some spices and some other sauce added on top. Before getting our savoury dish, we were considering sharing some churros, because we saw so many people waling around with them and they just looked so good, but after the "main" food we were all quite full and after a digesting break felt more like a light desert and got some ice cream. I just had to get the (sugar free) hazelnut ice cream again but also treated myself to a scoop of banana. I just love that it doesn't have some artificial yellow colouring that you get, it pretty much looks like home made nice cream. So after two days of not caring what sugars were in the food I ate, I was of course pretty bloated when I got home but it was so worth it! I just wanted to eat everything. So I just spend my evening with a hot water bottle on my stomach (my stomach has been A LOT worse but heat also prevents it from getting there in the first place) in bed, watching The Magicians Season 2 (I just LOVE that show!).



Let's ignore the creepy looking hand, shall we?



You May Also Like

0 Kommentare