Powered by Blogger.

A Breakfast Homage

by - August 15, 2018

Baked Oats

Breakfast is my favourite meal oft he day, and the meal I could never skip (ok, tbh I don’t really ever skip meals because my stomach  normally cries for food every 4 to 5 hours) I have very fond memories of breakfast and I go to bed at night excited for breakfast. While a lot of my friends, and still now, prefer staying in bed as long as possible, I plan at least half an hour for breakfast. I just love making breakfast and sitting down enjoying the bit of quiet time before the day starts. 
When I was still going to school, I would always have breakfast with my mum, but we actually didn’t talk, we had a quiet agreement where we wouldn’t really talk (unless something important was up for some reason). Instead we had our nose stuck in books while eating (we both love reading). And yes maybe sometimes that led to me forgetting the time but since I always got up early enough I was still never late.
I am a real morning person. I wake up before my alarm most of the time, I actually only set my alarm because I feel like the one time I don’t I will sleep in like crazy. Waking up around 6 is pretty normal for me, with some exceptions when I wake up way earlier or sleep till after 7… crazy I know. I also tend to be the kind of person who wakes up and is hungry (or just wants breakfast), which could also have something to do with the fact that I have dinner around 5pm. 
I know many people who find my internal clock pretty insane, but it is what I am used to, even on the weekends, sleeping in for my family means we have breakfast between 9 and 10. In addition to that, I am most productive in the morning, so of course I don’t want to waste that time. I also really enjoy getting my work out of the way in the morning, especially when I have a really busy day and in the evening just want to not move.
I am also very much in love with breakfast food. My first or second week at uni I legit ate muesli for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love bread, oats, pancakes, (some) mueslis, buns and all the baked goods (Germany is heaven for that) and oh when in England all the toast I can get sitting on my nans sofa, watching TV with her while everyone else is still asleep because it is so early. I could probably happily live of breakfast food forever (especially when you keep English breakfast with beans on toast and potatoes and all that in mind), it would just lack in veggies quite a bit. I have sweet breakfast more often than savoury ones. Not sure if that has something to do, that I don’t eat a lot of other sweet stuff because of my fructose intolerance or because I just like waking up to something kinda sweet. I don’t add sugar to my pancakes and the only sweet thing about my overnight oats are dark (85%) chocolate and a banana, but you know what I mean.

So yeah, this is a very random homage to breakfast, maybe because I tried something new (for me) that I really enjoy: baked oats. Which basically tastes like banana bread. I used this recipe but left out the white vinegar, used just normal oats, and also dextrose (instead of sugar) and some rice syrup instead of maple syrup. It is perfection. Actually just realised while copying the link, that it is called vegan banana oat bread, not baked oats :D 

Have a lovely day and tell me your favourite breakfast!

My all time favourite - pb an banana 

I do actually prefer making my french toast with home made bread but I still had bread...


I love going out for breakfast every now and then.


You May Also Like

0 Kommentare