Powered by Blogger.

Friday Snippet #5 - The Plain Things in Life

by - Juni 08, 2018

"You are eating that plain?"
"That must be so boring!"
"That's kinda sad"
"I feel so sorry for you!"

Those are just a few examples of sentences I sometimes get to hear concerning certain food choices I make. So, by now I have already mentioned a few times that I have a very sensitive stomach (on top of a fructose and lactose intolerance).
So especially when I am going through a bad phase again I tend to have cold pasta or rice for lunch, with just a bit of salt on top. But honestly, sometimes I actually just take it with me because I like it.
Not that I don't mind sauce and flavours! I LOVE them.
But I am also a plain girl.
I have also always been the girl that would only have a hint of tomato sauce on her pasta, I don't mind having nothing with my chips and rice with fried chickpeas has become one of my favourite dishes. Mum always says rich tea biscuits are quite bland, but they are one of my favourites! The only time I really cover something in so much sauce you could say I am having sauce with a side of veggies is when it comes to good gravy!

Have a lovely weekend!

"Du hast das so? Pur?"
"Das muss doch ganz schön langweilig sein"
"Das ist ganz schön traurig"
"Du tust mir so leid!"

Diese Sätze bekomme ich tatsächlich ziemlich oft zu hören. Ja, Jenny hat einen empfindlichen Magen (zusätzlich zu einer Fruktose- und Laktoseintoleranz). 
Ganz besonders wenn mein Magen gerade mal wieder durch eine harte Phase geht, versuche ich das ganze wieder auf einen anderen Stand zurück zu bekommen nehme ich mir oft mal Nudeln oder Reis vom Vortag mit einfach ein bisschen Salz mit. Aber ok ehrlich gesagt esse ich das manchmal auch einfach nur weil ich es gerne esse.
Es ist ja nicht so, dass ich Soßen und sowas nicht mögen würde, ich liebe es, wirklich.
Aber ich bin halt doch auch ein bisschen so ein "plain girl".
Ich war schon immer die, die auf ihre Nudeln nur einen Hauch Tomatensoße gemacht habe, ich brauche absolut kein Ketchup auf meinen Pommes (Mayo mag ich eh nicht) - stört mich gar nicht, dass ich das nicht wirklich essen kann - ich esse die gerne mit ohne alles.
Tatsächlich ist braune Soße so ziemlich die einzige, die ich in großen Mengen mag.

Habt ein schönes Wochenende!

You May Also Like

0 Kommentare